Sunday, 21 February 2010

Feline update...

Firstly, I want to thankyou all for your kind comments on puss' condition, they are much appreciated.
Well on Friday I took Mog back to the vets, she had an abdominal scan which showed she had some inflammation on the lining of the gut, the sac in which all the organs are encased to be precise. They did a couple more blood tests but these showed a very slight diversion from normal values in albumen only. All her liver and renal and pancreatic tests proved normal. So the gist of it is we have an anti-inflammatory drug to give her and a diuretic to reduce the swelling, which has proved to be fluid.The course of both of these drugs is 10 days. She appears to be in no pain; she eats, sleeps and even plays normally. We will have to see what happens, although I love her very much if there is no treatment and the swelling of fluid doesn't reduce and increases to inhibit her breathing there will be only one course open to me...
However I am still hoping that decision will not have to be taken.

1 comment:

stacybuckeye said...

I hoping for the best for you1