Booking through Thursday


This week we are discussing collectibles. ---

Hardcover? Or paperback?
Illustrations? Or just text?
First editions? Or you don’t care?
Signed by the author? Or not?


My answer is here --
Hardback v Paperback, well I have a mixture of both. If there is a book publshed that I have been eagerly waiting for my lack of patience surfaces and I'm there buying the hardback edition. Paperbacks usually take a few months to surface after the hardbacks and that's usually 'a few months' too long for me.
In novels I usually prefer text only but in non-fictions such as sewing, gardening or cooking I really need the visual aids and still wonder why my effort doesn't look 'quite' like the picture!!!
I don't possess any first editions or signed copies of books I probably would be tempted however the opportunities have never arisen.
More answers can be found
here.

Comments

JoAnn said…
Great answer! I forgot about cookbooks, gardening books, etc. when I answered. I MUST have illustrations in those.
SmilingSally said…
I don't think I even mentioned illustrations in my answer, but of course they are necessary for a good book of instruction. Happy Booking Through Thursday!
claire said…
My books are a mixture of hardcovers and paperbacks, too. :)
Julia said…
Oh cookbook count? Then I should add that as one of the majority of paperback I buy then *grin*....pictures in books are fine but I like text much better over pictures :)

Thanks so much for visiting and comments my blog. I hope you have a good Thursday!
Anonymous said…
Yes my impatience sometimes means I'll buy a hardback rather than wait for the paperback too.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays