The Moving Finger.


The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie.

I don't feel as though I am in 'my stride' with reading this month. There seems to be have been so much going on at home; the bathroom has been redecorated and the tremendous snowfall only helped to make me uneasy and it hard to escape into a book. So I am pleased to have finally finished this Agatha Christie. I am entering it as part of the 'Agatha' carnival.
A Miss Marple mystery although she didn't appear to near the end , making her detection skills even more amazing.
It is all based around Lymstock, an English country village. A series of anonymous hate letters are posted around the village ; each with it's own personal details . These messages scare the inhabitants , some more than others and when one letter is received and then the recipient is found dead, suicide is questionable.
A good read as usual, I felt transported into the village , the characters quickly became familiar although the murderer did keep me guessing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've just recently listened to my first Agatha Christie novel and it has be itching to read more. There is just too little reading time in a day!
Oh, and thanks for letting me know about the colors :)
BooksPlease said…
I haven't read this one, although it does seem very familiar. Maybe it's been on TV, or I read it years ago when I read a lot of Agatha Christie's books.

I'm not in 'my stride' writing about the books I've read this year - I'm way behind. You sound as though you've been busy anyway - decorating is always a messy business I find.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday