Musing Mondays



This week's topic ----

What book tops your TBR (to be read) pile right now? Is it something you own, or something you have to borrow, or something you’ll be purchasing? Why do you want to read it so badly?

Well as you can see from the photos there are two books at the top of my 'pile' . Now I don't own these books yet but they are on order. The 'Red Queen' is the new Phillippa Gregory book due out on August 19th and the 'Sacred Treason' by James Forrester has just been released , so hopefully that will grace my pile very soon.
The Red Queen is the story of Margaret Beaufort, a character I know little about , other than she married Edmond Tudor. The Sacred Treason book is set in 1563 , and it's principal character is William Harvey, Clarenceux King of Arms.
I'm very keen to read these as I do love a good historical novel and after reading summaries and reviews I'm sure these books are not going to disappoint.

More books can be found
here.

Comments

Jenny Girl said…
The Sacred Treason sounds interesting. Certainly events I know next to nothing about.
As for my tbr....I have books at home I really want to get to but I keep accepting review copies. Ince those are cleared up, I intend to get back to my "own" books.
Nise' said…
Both sound like good reads! Enjoy
I'm looking forward to the Gregory book as well.


Here is mine
Danielle C. said…
It is a long time since I read anything Tudor-related - the Plantagenets have held a deeper fascination for me. My image of Margaret Beaufort is distinctly negative, but for that very reason The Red Queen sounds interesting. Perhaps it will revise my biased opinion? As for Sacred Treason, the title and the year of its setting seem to imply something to do with matters of faith and loyalty, so that, too whets my interest. Oh, my poor book budget...
Barbara said…
Top of my pile at the moment are 'Running for the Hills' a childhood spent high in the mountains in rural Wales.
Is*lam and Israel and Maeve Binchy's Heart and Soul.

Have not come across yours.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays