Pink bloomers anyone?




Well if you are 8 months old and as pretty as a picture you 'must' have a pair of pink bloomers, mustn't you?
A matching top wouldn't go amiss too!

These are my latest projects for my grandaughter. Both patterns were taken from the above book but I did alter them a little ----

Firstly the tunic was meant to have a plain band sewn on the hem but I fancied a frill.
I sewed the straps longer so that they could be crossed at the back(I always found they stayed up better when sewn like that for my girls)
I have backstitched around some of the stars with gold embroidery thread.(hope you can see this , perhaps you will need to click and enlarge the photo)

The bloomers are pretty similar to the pattern although I was not able to get jumbo ricrac to trim the legs.

The material is poly/cotton . I'm pleased with the result , I think she will get some wear out of them , both together and apart.

Comments

Jane said…
What a gorgeous set. She is very lucky to have such a talented grandmother

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays