My First Quilt.


This is the sewing project I have been working on for the past few(4)months. It is a bed quilt measuring 84" x 84". My youngest daughter asked me to make her a quilt 3 years ago and I'm ashamed to say it has just got finished. The actual sewing and piecing was only started in earnest around Christmas last year when I had visited a quilt exhibition in a nearby town. Talking to one lady who was displying her wonderful work of art , she asked what pattern I was following. Up until that point I had no idea of a pattern or anything else for that matter . So hot foot from the exhibition I borrowed a library book and there found something that seemed to be for beginners. The hardest part was the free-motion stippling (seen in the white squares)on the machine . After watching demos on 'you tube' and lots of practising I finally put needle to material and the rest is history.
For any eagle-eyed quilters out there --- I am aware of mistakes in the piecing and stippling -- but I am still pleased with the outcome and more to the point my daughter is thrilled. When she left after the Easter holidays her luggage was considerably larger!!!
Now what will be my next project --- something small for my grandaughter perhaps...

Comments

Mary M said…
Mog, that quilt is just beautiful!

Excellent job...have you thought about setting up business? I'll be your first customer!

xx
That is just beautiful. A new faimily heirloom, no doubt.
Jane said…
Wow Zetor, it's wonderful. You have one lucky daughter
Molly said…
Absolutely stunning! I don't sew buttons on shirts, so I am truly amazed at your talent.
Mary (Bookfan) said…
Your quilt is beautiful! My mother-in-law, who can't see well anymore, made each of her five grandchildren a quilt when they were quite young (all in their 20s now). They treasure these quilts.
Jenny Girl said…
Awww...this looks great! Good job Zetor. It looks beautiful and who cares how long it took? It's the thought and effort involved that counts :)

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays