Booking through Thursday

This week's topic is
Suggested by Barbara H:

What do you think of speed-reading? Is it a good way to get through a lot of books, or does the speed-reader miss depth and nuance? Do you speed-read? Is some material better suited to speed-reading than others?

I don't speed read very often. A few years ago when studying with the Open University I was introduced to speed reading and I did find it helpful at times when time was of the essence. Nowadays reading for pleasure does not include a rush for the finish so I take my time.

More discussions can be found
here.

Comments

Nise' said…
I saw the banner at the top of your blog that there is 8 days until Christmas...YIKES...I have got to go shopping!

I am a fast reader and agree that reading is for pleasure!
JoAnn said…
"... reading for pleasure does not include a rush for the finish so I take my time"
My thoughts, exactly!

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays