Teaser Tuesdays

Firstly, I must thankyou all again for your latest kind comments , they are very much appreciated.

Yes, I know I'm a day late, well better late than never!!!
The rules are the same --------

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Over the last couple of weeks, reading has really been on the 'back burner' , however last night I did pick up a library book, so here is my teaser,

'If Sylvia only knew that Anna's home kitchen boasted little more than that. Her kitchen---- or kitchenette, as it said on her lease ------ was wholly inappropriate for a chef: it was no bigger than a walk-in closet, with a small refrigerator, a single sink, a two-burner electric stovetop, and an oven too small to accommodate her jelly-roll pan.'

from page 44, 'The Quilter's Kitchen' by Jennifer Chiaverini.

The author of this book is American and as I'm English I'm not certain the meaning of a jelly roll pan? Any answers gratefully received.


More teasers can be found
here.

Comments

Pat said…
Thanks for that 'teaser' - another book to look for- and for commenting on my blog. We appear to share a similiar taste in books so I am glad I found your blog.
I know Americans call jam 'jelly' so I suppose it could be a preserving pan which would fit as they are rather large. However, as it has quilting in the title, could it be a quilters jelly roll i.e. a bundle of fabric strips 21/2 inches wide?

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays