Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Secret Stitching.





I never was good at keeping secrets -------- so here is my stitching for my first grandaughter , due in a couple of weeks. The dress is for 6 months, but I did love the style and the embroidery was my idea trying out my new
Madeira threads. The pattern is an out of print 'Butterick' design . I lined the bodice and skirt in white polycotton as the gingham was very fine.
The bootees' pattern is from an old copy of 'Sewing World' magazine that a friend gave me. They don't look even in the photo but being a 'squashy' design they have a will of their own.I lined them with a brushed cotton 'teddy' print and trimmed with Broderie Anglaise in pink.
Hope you like them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow! These are absolutely beautiful. Your granddaughter is a lucky little baby! No doubt her parents are chuffed to see these pics :-)

Molly xxx

JoAnn said...

Just beautiful...your new granddaughter will be one well-dressed baby!

Arleigh said...

That is so cute! I wish I had more homemade clothes for my daughter, or at least the ability to make them! Congratulations on the new baby!

Miss 376 said...

They are gorgeous. She will look a picture

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

Your new grandbaby will, of course, be gorgeous but with this dress she will look like Miss Sunshine. The embroidered touches add extra love to the outfit. I can see why you could not keep this a secret.

stacybuckeye said...

These are so precious! I hope we'll get to see a picture of your granddaugher modelling after seh arrives :)

Jenny Girl said...

These are so cute! Congrats on the first grandbaby.