Free gift and Jacobean embroidery.



The above shows a parcel the postman brought today. A free gift from
Cross Stitcher magazine. It is a subscription gift as I started a year's subscriptoin with them last month. So who's a lucky girl!!!
Included were Madeira threads of every type, some for machine embroidery(something I haven't tackled before), pure silk embroidery thread, metallic threads, cotton, viscose and rayon threads with a pair of embroidery scissors. They are all so beautiful I can't wait to try them out. My usual threads are Anchor or DMC , it will be good to work with another make.
Now I do have a little embroidery to do on a project but I can't disclose the work yet as it isn't finished. Later next month I will reveal all, you'll understand then the reason for the secrecy.

Staying on the topic of sewing , earlier in the week I found a new embroidery blog which
is dedicated to Jacobean embroidery and in particular , the creation of
'The Plimoth Jacket.' This is a vast embroidery project in which many people are helping to create this Jacobean masterpiece. Do check out the link , the work is awesome.

Comments

Susan said…
The thread sounds better than ARC and anchor! I don't have the patience for embroidery, the closest I got to handiwork was some quilting and some needlepoint.

I'm very curious about what your secret is, perhaps something to do with Jane Austen?
Jane said…
You'll have fun with the madiera threads. I really like them

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays