Summer Vacation Reading Challenge.



Over on
Molly's blog the Summer Vacation reading challenge is due to begin next week. There is still time to sign up for it , but the last day is Friday 15th May. All who sign prior to Friday have the chance of winning a prize. The challenge runs from 22nd May till 7th September.

Here are the details,
Beach Bumb: you will read 3 books during this time frame (a leisurely book-a-month); cross-over book selections from other challenges may count; and you do not have to list books in advance -- after all, summer vacation is a time for spontaneity.

Globe Trotter: you will commit to reading 6 pre-selected books during this time frame, but you may substitute up to 3 books due to changes in travel plans. Cross-overs for 5 out of the 6 books are allowed, but ideally one book will be read for this challenge alone.

Literary Genres: I personally enjoy travel memoirs, but you may read any literary genre that you enjoy - provided it allows you to "travel" to a different locale that you would like to visit: Perhaps a mystery that takes place in Paris? Perhaps a romance that takes place on a Californian beach? Perhaps a historical fiction novel that takes place in 16th century England? Or a science fiction novel that allows you to travel to a galaxy far, far away? It doesn't matter the genre, as long as it transports you to another place that you would like to visit.

So if like me your vacation is not to far flung places this year, join me on a literary global journey.

Although my list is not certain yet, I am thinking of the following books, they are all new to me. Any reviews would be most welcome.
'I'll Never be Young Again', by Daphne Du Maurier. Travelling to Norway, across Europe, my final destination being Paris.
'A Party in San Niccolo' by Christobel Kent. Discovering the splendours of Florence.
'The Flight of the Falcon by Daphne du Maurier.Travelling back in time to encounter the violent history of Ruffano , a town not far from Rome.

Check out and' check in' for this challenge, I'm sure our books will transport us all to wonderful places.

Comments

Molly said…
I have just read Rebecca by Du Maurier and absolutely LOVED it. You have selected two of her books with which I am unfamiliar - and I will be very anxious to read your reviews!!

I am so excited that you have joined my literary vacation. I hope it is a lot of fun.
Margot said…
I like where your books are taking you this summer. Almost as good as going in person? Well, almost.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday