Musing Mondays.

This week's discussion is the following ----


How do you respond to the comments on your blog? Do you try to email individually or comment on post yourself answering the comments above? What do you think is the best way to respond to comments and do you respond to all of them? Do you feel slighted if you don't receive a response back from the blog owner? (question courtesy of Jenn)


Well. firstly I have to say I LOVE comments, the more the merrier! All comments are very welcome and I usually try to answer on my own blog , if an answer is needed. I haven't tried to email my replies although I know it's an option in some cases, perhaps this is something I should consider.
I usually only address the comments needing a reply. I realise many people have busier lives than myself , consequently if I don't receive a reply I am not peeved.
More thoughts can be found here.

Comments

Jenny Girl said…
I LOVE comments too! but I agree it can be difficult to answer all of them. I guess I just want be to know that I appreciate them stopping by.
Hope you had a lovely weekend :)
caite said…
yes, responding is a way to show you appreciate their comment..assuming they come back to know it.

But I also thing visiting their blog, assuming they have one, and leaving a comment there is also a grand idea, especially if they are new to your commenters.
I don't do the email thing. I prefer to answer right on own comment page. If I have a new commenter, I try to always visit their blog and thank them for their visit. Aside from that, not all comments require a response. I think all bloggers in general agree with that from what I've read today.
Beth F said…
Clearly not every comments needs a reply. I often comment to let someone know I was there.
Linda Jacobs said…
Blogger comments are kind of cumbersome. It would be great if we could comment more easily. I generally do not comment on comments since I figure most people don't make a follow-up visit to same the post. I know I don't.

BUT, I do love comments and always try to go to the commentors blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays