Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Teaser Tuesdays

Can you believe it is Tuesday again, the idea is the same for the teaser,

Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Two teasers this week,

'It has been said that every child is born a little savage and has to be civilized. The process of civilizaton had not gone very far with some of the hamlet children;although one civilization had them in hand at home and another at school, they were able to throw off both on the road between the two places and revert to a state of Nature.'
'Larkrise to Candleford' by Flora Thompson , page 186.

As I have just finished the next book today I thought I'd tempt you with a teaser,

'They enumerated Bertie's weaknesses. His temper was fierce and ungovernable;he was lazy;he was frivolous; he would at moments stutter, although recently this was less pronounced;when addressed he was inclined to hang his head and look at his feet.'
'The Queen's Husband' by Jean Plaidy, page 391.

More teasers can be found
here.

3 comments:

Kaye said...

Now those sound really interesting. I don't think I have read either of those authors.

Thanks for stopping by today for a visit.

Charli and me said...

Both books sound very interesting. I hope you have a lovely day!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
They both sound like great books! I'll have to look into those! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie