Monday, 23 March 2009

Musing Mondays.



Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about bookstores…


How many bookstores do you frequent? Do you have a favourite? If so, which one and what makes it so?

I don't frequent many bookshops. Living out in the 'sticks' I have to travel for personal service. This happens every so often and the bookshop of choice then is
Waterstones. They have a great range of fiction and non-fiction (which is my husband's preference). There is also a coffee shop on the first floor and we often have a cup while trying to decide on a purchase.
It is a national chain and there is a rewards system in progress; points are earned on each purchase and then these are converted to cash to buy more books. Every quarter they produce a magazine ,
Books Quarterly this contains lots of book information including news of latest releases.
Checking out their website, I realise there is also a book club, so I think this company have got reading thoroughly covered.
More bookshop news here.

6 comments:

caite said...

The many of us that live in the sticks should be very thankful for online book availability.

Especially if they have free shipping!

Jenny Girl said...

Waterstones is a good anme for s bookstore. Calm and relaxing for reading.

Mary said...

Sounds like a great bookshop!

Charli and me said...

I've always wanted to live in the country, and still do, even though the book store I frequent is only a mile away. I would love to have enough property where I could take a nice walk and still be on my own land.

Ladytink_534 said...

Sounds like a really neat store!

Elaine said...

I have a great bookshop The Castle Bookshop in Colchester which I check out each time I go to have my roots done as it is next door to my hairdresser. I simply love the Waterstones in Picadilly and go there whenever I am in town.