Musing Mondays.


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about talking to strangers…
We were all warned as children to 'never talk to strangers', but how do you feel about book-talk with random people? When you see people reading, do you ask what it is? Do you talk to people in the book store or the library? Why or why not? What do you do if people talk to you? (question courtesy of Dena)

My answers are not very positive here. I can't actually remember starting to chat with a total stranger about books. Now with family and friends it's a different matter. But I digress that's not the question.
In my local library , people tend not to talk much, although the 'Silence' rule is not strictly implemented, the librarians chat among themselves.
Why don't I talk, perhaps I'm shy/anti-social. Actually I'm neither. If someone begins 'bookchat' with me I'm happy to oblige, especially if it includes a book I've read.
This question has got me thinking, next time I'm in a bookshop...

More answers
here.

Comments

Jenners said…
There definitely seems to be a theme here today -- dont' mind being asked, wouldn't ask. And I agree ... with family and friends, you can't shut me up!
Mary (Bookfan) said…
Well, as Jenners said, there appears to be a theme. I could have written your post as well as her comment! I didn't do a post today just because my thoughts pretty much echo the ones out there already.

Have a lovely evening!
JoAnn said…
That's an interesting question! If I see someone in a bookstore or at the library checkout holding a book I liked, I might volunteer that I thought it was a good book....but only if the person looks friendly ;-)
kayerj said…
. . . you will be brave, assert yourself and ask, "How's that book you're reading."

Thanks for stopping by
Kelly said…
Oh Lord, I'll confess, I'm one of those really annoying "chat up a stranger" types. (Never in the library though...that would be rude) But grocery store lines, movie ticket lines, and especially bookstores. I love to see what other people are reading, I've discovered some new (to me) and wonderful authors that way.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday