Booking Through Thursday.


Suggested by Janet:

How about, “What’s the worst ‘best’ book you’ve ever read — the one everyone says is so great, but you can’t figure out why?”

There are one or two on my shelf that could fit into this category, however I think 'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco is top of this list. I can hear the shouts of disbelief, but I'm afraid I couldn't even finish this book. I managed to read about half of it and asked myself 'what is everyone raving about?'. I even borrowed the dvd in the hope that this would help my reading, but I couldn't bear to watch more than half an hour of that.
More 'best '/'worst' books

here.

Comments

JoAnn said…
The Name of The Rose is a book that several friends have strongly recommended but, for some reason, I've been reluctant to pick up.
Desert Rose said…
Never heard of the book.. and surely I won't read it now :)
Alexia said…
I hate it when I can't finish a book - I don't like quitting like that - but sometimes it just can't be helped.
Mary (Bookfan) said…
I'd say you gave it a fair try when even the dvd didn't do it for you!
Anonymous said…
I haven't read that book either. I love the new look of your blog. It's pretty ♥
Yvonne said…
I've never heard of that one.
Michele said…
there is a spring flower for all my readers in the garden:) drtop by and view:) happy spring!
Anonymous said…
I've not tried that one.
Jenny Girl said…
Don't feel too bad. I alsi tried to read the book, and just could not do it. I'll just watch the Sean Connery version instead.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday