Thursday, 19 March 2009

Booking Through Thursday.


Suggested by Janet:

How about, “What’s the worst ‘best’ book you’ve ever read — the one everyone says is so great, but you can’t figure out why?”

There are one or two on my shelf that could fit into this category, however I think 'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco is top of this list. I can hear the shouts of disbelief, but I'm afraid I couldn't even finish this book. I managed to read about half of it and asked myself 'what is everyone raving about?'. I even borrowed the dvd in the hope that this would help my reading, but I couldn't bear to watch more than half an hour of that.
More 'best '/'worst' books

here.

9 comments:

JoAnn said...

The Name of The Rose is a book that several friends have strongly recommended but, for some reason, I've been reluctant to pick up.

DeSeRt RoSe said...

Never heard of the book.. and surely I won't read it now :)

Alexia said...

I hate it when I can't finish a book - I don't like quitting like that - but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Mary said...

I'd say you gave it a fair try when even the dvd didn't do it for you!

Charli and me said...

I haven't read that book either. I love the new look of your blog. It's pretty ♥

Yvonne said...

I've never heard of that one.

Marilena said...

there is a spring flower for all my readers in the garden:) drtop by and view:) happy spring!

stacybuckeye said...

I've not tried that one.

Jenny Girl said...

Don't feel too bad. I alsi tried to read the book, and just could not do it. I'll just watch the Sean Connery version instead.