The Sunday Salon



This week has seen me finish The One Thing More by Anne Perry. I thoroughly enjoyed this murder/mystery set in the time of the French Revolution.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I am trying to get to grips with earphones ,so that audio books may be considered. Having borrowed 'And None Shall Sleep' by Priscilla Masters from the local library I'm determined to persevere with earphones , I may need to buy a new pair, though as these are not comfortable. So this audio book is ongoing.
However, paper has triumphed over disc in my latest read, 'Borrower of the Night' by Elizabeth Peters. This is a Vicky Bliss Murder Mystery. Vicky , an Art historian is an expert in museum treasures. In this book she sets out to find the missing masterwork of a carver who died in 16th century Germany.This is my first book in the
Art History Reading Challenge. and I enjoyed it. You can read my review here.
On the home front , we are starting to get ready for lambing. This will begin sometime within the first week of March , so buildings and pens need to be prepared. It is 'all hands on deck ' at this time , however I do hope I can still enjoy an odd book.Hope you all have a good week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've only read one book by Anne Perry, A Christmas Visitor,which disappointed me. Maybe I should try The One thing More?

Good luck with your lambing preparations - that sounds like hard work. I hope you manage to squeeze in a book,maybe an audiobook is the answer.
claire said…
I've never read an audiobook but one day would like to try and see if it fares well for me. :) Happy week to you!
Linda Jacobs said…
I'm not into audiobooks, either. I've only listened to a couple on long car rides.

Good luck with your lambing! Sounds interesting!

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday