Booking through Thursday




Since “Inspiration” is (or should) the theme this week … what is your reading inspired by?

Part of my reading is inspired by my love of history, in particular Tudors, Stuarts and Plantagent years. Although liking history at school I didn't excel at it and it wasn't till I was introduced to 'Jean Plaidy' books by a work colleague that my history passion took off. I'm finding more and more historical novels to my liking and so my TBR read pile increases daily.
In addition to historical fiction I also enjoy crime novels. The t.v. series 'Morse' has inspired me to read the books . When I attended an evening with the author, Colin Dextor last year his enthusiasm shone through and this inspired me to read more.
Naming just two of my favourite authors is a little unfair as the writings of many people inspire me to read. Their words , spark my imagination and keep 'the little grey cells' working!
More 'inspiring' words can be found
here.

Comments

Lezlie said…
Isn't that funny how fiction can spur such a love of history? The same is true for me.

Lezlie
Book Lover Lisa said…
I have recently rediscoverd historical fiction. It somehow feels more worthy of my time.
NoBS said…
I was never really able to "get" history when I was in school either. But I love reading historically based books, be they fiction of non-fiction.
Anonymous said…
Historical fiction is a great way to be inspired. =) History is the love of my life and I'm always happy when others enjoy it too!
It has been a while since I read a good history book.
Anonymous said…
I love historical novels like you. I enjoy reading about the Tudors, Stuarts, and Plantagent years. I didn't like history at all until I got to college and took a European history class. The a whole new world opened up for me.
Barbara said…
Inspired by - coming up with several themes then thnought they looked ridiculours in print so will stick with LEARNING.

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday