Sunday Salon


This week I've finished reading 'Saint Therese of Liseaux', by Kathryn Harrison.
It follows Therese's life from babyhood to death. She was an exceptionally spiritual person and decided at a very early age to devote her life to God. To do this she welcomed any sort of pain or discomfort. Her life was remarkable , she embraced death from tuberculosis at a very young age. I found some of the analysis of her actions and dreams to be too contemparary. Perhaps many authors looking back on a life years ago may have reached the same conclusions but I can't believe that the Saint herself would have thought in these sexual ways.
I'm pleased I read the book, but would have preferred the Saint's own words, maybe a book of her poetry or '
The Story of a Soul.'

Comments

I like your short review. Vetted my appetite!

Do check out my Sunday Salon posts :D

SS 1: Review of The Dark Child

SS 2: Musings about books

Popular posts from this blog

Amy's Quilt Festival.

Teaser Tuesdays

Booking through Thursday