Sunday, 4 May 2008

The Sunday Salon.


This week reading has been a struggle.I started My Heart is my Own last weekend, here is my post from then. I feel stuck with it. I'm so used to reading historical fiction that this book(a biography) is becoming a real challenge. I've felt like giving up a few times during the week.A book without dialogue seems so dry. I know I will regret it if I give in so I'll give it a few more days.
In the book Mary, Queen of Scots has just married the Dauphin after spending a good many years in the French court.I am such a wimp I know, but it probably will go to the back of the bookcase.

2 comments:

naida said...

I know how you feel, if I get disintereted with a book, I reluctantly put it away.


http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Table Talk said...

Maybe it just isn't the right time for this book. Why not put it to one side 'just for the moment' and then come back to it in a couple of weeks. You might then find that you can take it up and really enjoy it.